Masses Christmas Eve (Monday) at 5 and 10 PM and Christmas Day (Tuesday) at 9 and 11:15 AM. There will be a prelude of music by singers and brass approximately 15-20 minutes before each Mass.
MUSIC FOR HOLY MASS
1. Tu scendi dalle stelle (traditional Italian)
2. Break forth, O beauteous heav'nly light (Schop, arr. J.S. Bach)
3. Gaudete, Christus est natus (Piae Cantationes, 1582, arr. BMP)
4. selected carols performed by brass
5. if time permits, organ improvisations on Christmas themes
Mass Ordinary: Mass of the Shepherds (Yon) (Gloria, Sanctus, Agnus Dei)
- Memorial Acclamation: Mortem tuam annuntiamus, Domine
- Amen: Dresden
Entrance hymn: O come, all ye faithful ("Adeste Fideles", arr. Willcocks)
- Verse 1 in Latin, followed by verses 1-4 in English)
Psalm 96: Today is born our Savior, Christ the Lord (Proulx/Gelineau)
Alleluia "Divinum Mysterium" (BMP) (PDF)
Offertory hymn: Hark! the herald angels sing ("Mendelssohn", arr. Willcocks)
Communion anthem: Hallelujah! (Handel, from Messiah)
Meditation hymn: Silent night ("Stille Nacht")
Recessional hymn: Joy to the world ("Antioch", vv. 1, 2, 4)
Postlude: Angels we have heard on high (organ/brass)
- Organ improvisation: based on Daquin's Noel Suisse
Merry Christmas and a Blessed MMXIX to all who read this!
Quod scripsi, scripsi!