1. What is your occupation?
Entrepreneur and substitute organist.
2. What color are your socks right now?
White puma ankle socks.
3. What are you listening to right now?
The a/c blowing through the intake vent.
4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Pasta salad last night while watching the finale of Ice Road Truckers.
5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Sure can. My car has a standard transmission. Wouldn’t want it any other way. Automatics are for sissies! LOL!
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
The Democrat Party. They agreed to shake a finger at Hurricane Ike by arranging with 25 Catholic Bishops with sizable Service Appeal balances for a 10 million dollar welfare package to help keep the storm from entering the Gulf.
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
It wasn’t really sent. Brian had posted it. I like Brian. He’s groovy cool.
9. How old are you today?
38 and holding.
10. Favorite drink?
Non-alcoholic: Mineral water with fizz; Alcoholic: Dirty Martini with bleu cheese olives
11. What is your favorite sport to watch?
12. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Never have, never will.
One orange cat named Stuart. He doesn’t dye his hair either.
14. Favorite ethnic food?
Blutwurst und Sauerkohl mit ‘ner dicken Scheibe Roggenbrot und ein Maß Helles.
15. Last movie you watched?
Gravedancers on Scifi.
16. Favorite Day of the year?
My birthday. Loads of stuff happened in German history on that day, including my birth. In real Catholic churches, the gradual (note the use of the language of Catholicism!) is the Locus Iste on my birthday. I prefer the Bruckner setting.
17. What do you do to vent anger?
Vent anger? That’s what Germans usually call “getting even”. Forgiving is easy. Forgetting is stupid.
18. What was your favorite toy as a child?
19. What is your favorite season?
20. Hugs or kisses?
I prefer a jovial hand shake with most people.
21. Cherry or Blueberry?
22. Do you want your friends to email you back?
That depends on whether the email warrants a reply.
23. Who is most likely to respond?
To this? You never know.
24. Who is least likely to respond?
The Bishop of Rome.
25. What happened to the good ol' days?
The Versailles Treaty is what happened.
26. When was the last time you cried?
At Princess Grace’s funeral. Oh, and when Charlotte’s baby spiders took flight and she croaked.
27. What is on the floor of your closet?
28. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to?
I’m not sending it to anyone.
29. Who is the friend you have had the shortest that you are sending this to?
30. Favorite smells?
The vinegar brine for Sauerbraten.
31. Favorite sounds?
A Silbermann organ playing Bach. Second runner up: a good Lutheran chorale. Third runner up: The Dies Irae sung by a German choir. I far more prefer the masculine German pronunciation of Latin to the prissy Italianate version.