Yup - clown Stations of the Cross, live from Albany. Argent has the story. Read 'em and weep.
Now, when I think clowns, I think:
1. Krusty (on The Simpsons: Every time you watch my show, I'll give you $40!)
2. Pee Wee Herman (after his movie theater antics, he's done)
3. "Junior" (from Problem Child: Clowns??? I HATE clowns!!!)
4. Robin Williams' portrayal of Patch Adams, which, I must say, served all the right purposes.
5. The possibility that all of these clowns (numerical value undisclosed at the moment) could be travelling from church to church in ONE punch buggy, and they all fit comfortably.
Something about clowns doing the Via Dolorosa tells me to "be afraid. Be very afraid."
UPDATE at 6:55 PM EDT: Fr. Erik's comment is about as good as it gets. I feel this HAS to be published.
"Of course, the real clowns are the dipsticks who came up with Clown Stations of the Cross to begin with."
Domini Sumus, in a post of her own writes:
"What is more horrific than clowns? Clown Stations of the Cross!"
Even more horrific... I'd hate to imagine who the hell is singing the Stabat Mater, or reasonable translation thereof? Or, maybe the question is, "What the hell are they singing INSTEAD of the Stabat Mater?" Real Catholic minds may dread to imagine.