This from the Curt Jester - the Top Five Surprising Results of Summorum Pontificum...
(snarky remarks mine)
- Progressive liturgists and others are now finally concerned that priests properly know and use the rubrics. At least for the extraordinary form of Mass in the Latin Rite. (Meanwhile they still innovate ways to screw up the ordinary form!)
- A new concern for the number of people attending Mass. Declining numbers at experimental liturgy did not invoke a similar concern.
- That priests more than adequately know Latin. At least if they want to be allowed to celebrate the 1962 missal.
- The word "extraordinary" is finally coming to a proper understanding of what it means. Now if only they can learn to take the same view towards Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. (Here here!)
- Some bishops are now much more concerned about how liturgy is celebrated in their diocese and even want to test their priests capability in this regard. Maybe even one day the same concern will be applied to the ordinary form of the Mass. (Amen bro!)
Post a Comment