10. I go looking nearly in vain for a church that has a God-centered liturgy and not a me-centered liturgy, on days that I am not at the console of the organ.
9. I like my kneelers padded.
8. For years, I have shunned help wanted ads for music directors who play organ AND piano, only to find none of the ads mention only organ
7. I sport a beard at Mass with the attitude that Jesus had one too, citing the "live like Christ" passage in Holy Scripture. However, I refuse to grow my hair too long.
6. My favorite processional hymn registrations include manual stops that are brighter than 8' and pedal stops deeper than 16'
5. I don't limit myself to one set of organ registrations.
4. I made the B-team!
3. My blogging partners and I are re-inventers of the word "snark".
2. I have a two-way conversation with a technological leprechaun with no name while podcasting.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON I AM AN AMATEUR CATHOLIC:
1. I write foolish Top Ten Lists like this!