1. The number of doctors in the U.S. is 700,000.
2. Accidental deaths caused by physicians per year number 120,000.
3. Accidental deaths per physician is 17.14%.
(Statistics courtesy of the U.S. Dept. of Health &
1. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000(yes that's 80 million).
2. The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
3. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.001875%.
(Statistics courtesy of the FBI)
So statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.
Remember, guns don't kill people, doctors do.
FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERY ONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.
Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!! Out of concern for the public at large, I have withheld statistics on lawyers for fear the shock would cause people to panic and seek medical attention!